While it’s no big secret that electronically powered toothbrushes are much more efficient than manual ones, how do you know which electric toothbrush is the best for keeping your mouth and teeth clean and healthy?
That is exactly the reason why I decided to review some of the top electric toothbrushes on the market today. While all of them did their job and encouraged me to spend more time and give my teeth the attention they deserve, there was one toothbrush that stood out above and beyond all the others. That toothbrush was the Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush.
What I like the best about this toothbrush from the very beginning is that, this model is designed and made by Oral-B. Oral-B has long been the #1 toothbrush brand that has been used by dentists worldwide. So right off the bat, you have a toothbrush that is backed by dentists all over the world. And on top of that, with the Oral-B Pro 3000 and the 5000 SmartSeries having done so well, my expectations for the new Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries are extremely high.
But can this brush really live up to all the hype? When you take away all of the cool new features like the Bluetooth technology and real-time info alerts, can this brush still deliver?
In this oral b pro 7000 review, I’m going to reveal everything you need to know about this model. Read on to find out:
- How it works
- What you can expect when you open the box
- New technology and features
- The pros & cons
How It Works
The Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries toothbrush was incredibly easy to use. It comes with a nice, large handle that has an extremely comfortable grip, so there is no chance that you drop it. Which for me, some of the other electric toothbrushes I have used in the past would get really slippery when they got wet. And if the non-slip grip wasn’t enough, it also includes a nice selection of different brushes, all of which have high-quality bristles that felt great when pressed against my teeth and gums.
My favorite toothbrush heads, however, had to be the FlossAction and CrossAction ones. They just left a fresh, clean feeling in my mouth after every use. I did need to play around with the different modes and heads to see which went best together, but to be honest; it was actually pretty fun!
As for the actual toothbrush, it rests on the included flat charging station, which tucks away nicely on the counter corner. This toothbrush also comes with a wireless SmartGuide. The SmartGuide does come with an adhesive holder that I put next to my bathroom mirror. With this toothbrush, I was able to pair via Bluetooth to count down my two-minute tooth-brushing goal. This was extremely helpful for me because I would always wonder if I was brushing my teeth long enough when I would do it with a manual toothbrush.
But that’s not even my favorite part. My favorite part is that, once you have finished brushing your teeth, it will display either a sad face or smiley face depending upon your brushing technique. This definitely made me want to aim for the smiley face.
And if that weren’t enough, Oral-B even has an app for your phone that once downloaded, will track how hard you are pushing the toothbrush, where you are focusing your brushing efforts, monitors your brushing habits and even sends you entertaining news and weather. I thought all of that was pretty cool coming from my toothbrush.
What You Can Expect When You Open The Box
Unlike most electric toothbrushes that normally include a charger and 2 heads, the oral-b pro 7000 SmartSeries comes with a lot. When I first opened the box, I was amazed at everything that was packed in there. What it came with was:
- Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Handle
- ProWhite Brush Head
- CrossAction Brush Head
- Sensitive Clean Brush Head
- FlossAction Brush Head
- Charger with Refill Head Storage
- Premium Travel Case
New Technology and Features
The new technology and features of this toothbrush are what got me really excited to try it out. Being German engineered by Braun, this toothbrush is almost like a toothbrush from the future that will appeal to everyone in the family. From smaller kids, all the way to great-grandparents, this toothbrush will not disappoint. With an excellent grip that fits well in hands in any size; real-time data that will appeal to any age; and is waterproof so you can take it in the bath or accidentally drop it in the bath; I really feel that this is almost the perfect toothbrush.
- Some of the main features of the oral-b pro 7000 are the 4 different brush heads that can pulsate, oscillate and even rotate with 16 degree angled bristles that help with deep cleaning. In fact, Oral-B even promises that this will remove up to 300% more plaque when compared to a manual toothbrush. And if that weren’t enough, the compact sizes of the brush heads make it even easier to get behind braces and molars.
- I’m not sure about you, but when I do need to replace a toothbrush head, I can never seem to buy the correct one. But that is now a thing of the past as the Pro 7000 is compatible with all the electronic toothbrush heads that Oral-B produces. Another benefit of this is that it makes it easy to share the device with another family member.
- Another cool feature that I really liked was the 6 different high-performance brushing modes. There is a deep clean mode, massage mode, whitening mode, daily clean mode, tongue cleaning mode and even a sensitive mode. While some of these modes have been on past models, the two new ones include the sensitive and whitening modes. The new sensitive mode has been added to help those who have a weaker gum line, while the whitening mode helps provide natural teeth whitening by removing surface stains and polishing.
- To improve gum health and remove stains, the pulsation/oscillation technology is the way to go. The bristles gently rotate around the tooth to help remove any plaque that may be present.
- The built-in timer that makes sure the 2 minutes recommended by dentists extremely easy to reach.
- One of the coolest features has to be the pressure-sensor technology, which alerts you when you start to brush your teeth too hard. In fact, as soon as it senses too much pressure, a red light starts flashing, and the motor will slow down automatically.
- What I liked the best was the wireless smartguide that sent real-time information to my smartphone about my brushing times, modes and even the areas in my mouth that were brushed.
- Finally, the last new feature is the ‘bad breath protection’ that is provided with the tongue cleaning mode. This mode helps to keep your tongue clean and remove anything that may have been built up on the back of the tongue.
The Pros & Cons
While the features on the Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries toothbrush are amazing, there are a few downsides as well. Here is a list of the pros and cons that I came up with.
- Convenient travel case included
- Waterproof, so can be used anywhere even in the bath
- Provides 10 days of regular use on 1 charge
- Wireless SmartGuide display
- Oscillation and Pulsation technology
- Tongue cleaner
- Pressure sensor
- Easy set up
- Fits all Oral-B electric toothbrush heads
- Integrates with the Oral-B app
- Takes up to 12 hours to be charged fully
- Can be heard when being used
- Has a flickering blue light while being used
- Black version of the toothbrush still uses a white head, which I felt looked weird
All in all, this is one of the best toothbrushes that I have ever used. With all of the features and technology, I feel that this brush really helped me to get my mouth feeling cleaner and fresher. Overall, I definitely give this toothbrush two thumbs up. If you care about the health of your teeth and gums , I highly recommend you to try it as soon as you can!