Brushing your teeth with that minty refreshing toothpaste is typically the first thing you taste in the morning. There are lots of people including myself who have not changed their toothpaste in years. They go by the same taste and the same flavor every single morning.
Now, what if I told you that not only the flavor but you have the chance to try out a new base ingredient in your toothpaste. Now with the most obvious guesses coming to your mind like clove, mint, salt and so on. Let me just make it simple for you. It’s ALOE VERA.
Yes, you heard it right. The same Aloe Vera which you had been using till date for rejuvenating your skin or for your body detox, now has its own place in the dental hygiene world too.
Therefore, in this article we shall have a look how to use this new ingredient to brush your teeth and what are some of its benefits it offers that the people are really opting for it.
Choosing Your Cleaning Tool
Surrounded by so many options, it’s very natural to get confused with your dental health still remaining the unsolved query.
Well, not anymore. ALOE VERA a comparatively new twist in the dental care and hygiene market have started to grab people’s attention real quick.
So let’s understand Aloe Vera and how to brush your teeth with it.
Giving you a very brief idea about ALOE VERA: It is a tropical plant which is used in a variety of herbal medicines. The benefits of Aloe Vera are tested and observed in beauty, digestive system, flushing out those harmful toxins from the body and in oral hygiene.
Now all of you would wonder that how do we exactly use this Aloe Vera to clean our teeth, what if we swallow it? Would it have any side effects on our body?? What is the quantity required for cleaning our teeth?
Let’s answer all your questions.
Brushing Your Teeth with Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera can be used in the form of a gel applied on the gums, or as a toothpaste to brush your teeth. Using Aloe Vera gives you a very refreshing and clean feel throughout the day.
Some of the easiest ways to use Aloe Vera are:
- Aloe Vera as we all know contains that slimy substance in the center of its leaf.
- In order to use aloe vera directly as a natural teeth cleaner, all you require is a fresh Aloe stem
- Remove the yellow liquid that oozes out as it may cause abdominal discomfort to some people.
- Now cut it open and put the slimy substance directly on your toothbrush.
Aloe vera might have a slightly bitter taste. So give it a few days to getting used to with the new flavor.
- Another way to use Aloe Vera is to massage some aloe vera gel on the gums, leave it for around 30 minutes and then rinse it off. Spit out the extra that juices around your mouth.
- While using Aloe Vera for your dental regime don’t be scared if you swallow some of it. Aloe Vera has no side effects on the body. In fact it benefits the body in many varied ways. Having gulped down large quantities might have a laxative effect.
Adding on to your curiosity, let me give you a very handy and simple method to make Aloe Vera toothpaste at home. All you need are some basic ingredients straight out of your kitchen to Have your own Aloe Vera toothpaste.
- Cut open the Aloe Vera and scrape off the slime gel from the center.
- Take some mint leaves and chop them finely.
- Add a spoon of baking soda and one spoon of vegetable glycerine.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and your own toothpaste is all ready to use.
Having discussed ways to use Aloe Vera gel in brushing your teeth, let me give you some more reasons to use it on a daily basis:
- Aloe Vera also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent so it is very beneficial to people suffering from tooth sensitivity.
- It helps to disinfect the mouth and gums. Also helps in tooth whitening.
- Aloe vera has the ability to kill harmful micro-organisms thus controlling the cavity causing bacteria.
- Works as a natural remedy for bad breath.
- Having no abrasive substances in its composition, Aloe Vera, unlike the other mouth cleaning products is not harsh on the teeth.
- Aloe Vera is easily available and applicable with minimum equipment.
- It is a comparatively cheaper option compared to tons of dental products and procedures in the market.
Hopefully, by this time you must be familiar with ways to use Aloe Vera for your dental cleaning routine. Aloe Vera can be found in products like toothpastes, tooth gels, dental flosses and so on.
So the next time you find yourself amidst the never-ending confusion of choosing your GO TO dental care option, go natural, go for Aloe Vera.